Date: Friday, May 28, 2021
Description: Bealtaine Festival, Free Online Event for Family Carers
To shine a light on the importance of family carers and in recognition of their work, Bealtaine Festival, an Age & Opportunity Arts Initiative, would like to gift this sensory artwork by Ceara Conway to family carers aged 50+ during Bealtaine Festival (May 2021).
This gift includes:
- Viriditas*, an album of healing songs by Ceara Conway.
- A scent designed by Ceara with perfumer Erin Quinn / EQ Factories.
- An invitation to an online event of Scent & Song, Friday May 28 at 3pm as part of Bealtaine Festival 2021.
Family carers are invited to join Of Scent & Song - an online event with artist Ceara Conway, perfumer Erin Quinn and olfactory historian Caro Verbeek. The event will involve:
- The song, Viriditas, an album of healing songs by artist and vocalist Ceara Conway
- A short meditative exercise led by Ceara and
- A discussion between Ceara, Erin and Caro
Each speaker will each share their interest in sensory memory in terms of healing, wellbeing, sensual experience, personal and social history.
* Commissioned by Age & Opportunity for Bealtaine Festival 2021 and presented in association with Family Carers Ireland.
Location: All counties
Mode of Delivery: Online/Virtual
Pre-registration Required: Yes
Registration Details: To book tickets, see https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/of-scent-song-tickets-148905445195.
This event is free to Family Carers Ireland Members. N.B. When selecting tickets on Eventbrite, select ‘donate’ and enter €0. When selecting to receive your How Are You? artwork, enter the promo code ‘FamilyCarer’. Alternatively contact Bealtaine Project Lead, Curator - firstname.lastname@example.org. The artwork will be sent directly to you by post by Family Carers Ireland.
Cost of Activity/Event: Free
Target Audience: New carer, family carers 50+ age group
Further Information: Please contact Bernadette O'Connor by email at email@example.com or by phone on 086 7749838.